-
May 29th, 2006, 10:22 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Does anyone have reviews or pics of Kit's typewriter and her rolltop desk?
Does the typewriter actually work?
Is the rolltop desk worth it if I find it at MCM?
-
May 29th, 2006, 10:38 PM
#2
Inactive Member
The typewriter doesnt actually "type" anything but you can roll the paper throught it and it makes a ding when it get to the end. When you press the keys it moves the paper to the end. One of my favorite items!
-
May 30th, 2006, 12:12 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Hi, I love the desk. I would so get it if you can at the MCM sale.
The typerwriter clicks and you can move the bar, but it does not really work. Very cute and worth having. I think.
[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
-
May 30th, 2006, 12:20 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Kit's desk is one of my all-time favorite items. It's very well built and is so evocative of its time. As others have said, the typewriter doesn't actually type but it's still a great item. Concerned that it might be retired some day, because all the best accessories seem to end up that way, I bought an extra. The way I see it, that's likely to be the only way my future grandchildren ever get to see a typewriter!
-
May 30th, 2006, 12:30 AM
#5
Inactive Member
We have both items and they are some of my favorite. I bought the desk at the MCM sale last year and have yet to find anything at all wrong with it or the chair. (Most of the stuff I bought I can find a little something wrong with if I really look hard). Both are DEFINITE "buys" in my book.
Jo
-
May 30th, 2006, 12:59 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I completely agree---BOTH ARE WONDERFUL. I bought the desk on ebay (has X from MCM sale) and it is PERFECT. I just adore it and the typewriter set(the eraser is very very cute too!). Go for it!!!!!!!!! :-)
Karla
-
May 30th, 2006, 04:22 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I think these items are SO worth it. Kit's desk and chair are one of the best items AG makes, IMO. Very detailed, solid, and authentic. And the typewriter is perfect! In my current album, you can see Kit's "house" toward the end with her typewriter on her desk. The little box of paper, photo, "newspapers," and eraser is darling too. I thought it was all worth it at full price and it's resale value is really high on ebay- nearly as much as a new one. So I'd say definitely grab it if you can get it from MCM. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
May 30th, 2006, 05:00 AM
#8
Polly Marie
Guest
I don't have the desk---but all the reveiws I've read has placed high marks for it.
I do have the typewriter. It doesn't type actual letters but the carriage moves by pressing keys and at the end you will hear a very high pitched ring(sometimes I don't hear it but others can). A good test for hearing high pitched sounds!LOL [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
It looks good to have Kit's(or another doll's)hand placed near the carriage return. I like placing a desk lamp and a book on the table along with the typewriter.
Typewriter is made of metal. I really do like it!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Polly Marie
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks